Welcome! Our guest today is Kari Gormley, who hosts The Running Lifestyle podcast. Kari has had obstacles to overcome, but has taken a meandering path to a beautiful, joyful, and energetic experience as an entrepreneur. We are excited to share with you this fun, inspiring, and juicy interview! Let’s chat with Kari!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Kari’s passion for running, transformation, and travel led her to launch her podcast
- Kari’s world travels
- Why Kari is passionate about helping people get healthier
- Valuable experience from her sales background
- Transitioning to a more purposeful life—after 9/11
- In 2003, back to the US—and sales, again
- How Kari found her husband through a Google search (Yes, you read that right!)
- Marriage and following the dream to be a Weight Watchers facilitator
- A difficult pregnancy, family move to Delaware, and postpartum depression
- 2011-Kari became a consistent runner, trained for a marathon, and discovered PODCASTS!
- Why Kari started her own podcast
- The power of positive media—through podcasts!
- Why starting out was overwhelming with TOO many decisions
- FEAR—Will people really listen to me?
- Acknowledge your fear (Kari even gave her fear a name!)
- Be in the driver’s seat!
- Why we need to develop leaders
- Teaching theories and philosophies, and not scripts
- Why you need to hire people with strengths outside your own
- Kari’s formula for work happiness
- Mixing friends and family with business—Good or Bad?
- Kari’s struggles with adult ADD
- Why she loves the opportunities to talk with experts
- From a favorite book, (see Resources below) Kari shares 6 Key Things to “Make It” in this World
- Personal change in profound ways!
- Why commitment is more powerful than fear
- The biggest change for Kari came through meditation
- JOY—from hearing feedback about her podcast
- The greatest opportunity for entrepreneurs? Creating destiny
- Financial mistakes=TUITION!
- JOY-from wonderful experiences and from being SEEN and HEARD
- The temptation of a one-person brand
- What is one thing that you do every day that increases joyfulness as an entrepreneur? “I think it revolves around gratitude. I keep a gratitude journal and write in it every day. I also have a gratitude jar in the kitchen into which the whole family contributes notes.
http://www.therunninglifestyle.com Find Kari on Facebook and Twitter, too!