Welcome! Our guest today is Tara Gentile, a speaker, author, and blogger who mentors many entrepreneurs in finding joy in their entrepreneurship. She is a curious and intuitive business strategist and the creator of the Quiet Power Strategy. Tara also hosts the Profit Power Pursuit podcast, so please check it out! Today we’ll talk about focus, vision, strategy, and more—including why you SHOULD sometimes be a QUITTER. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Tara’s story of a winding path and a “not-so-secret” secret
- Grad school dropout to retail manager to entrepreneur
- “How can I help other entrepreneurs learn what I’ve learned?”
- How Tara helps thousands of businesses each year and transforms lives
- The big pivot: Leaving grad school behind
- Uncertainty, depression, breakdowns, and bad decisions
- Eyes wide open!
- Persistence and Quitting—when you need to
- Tara’s last big QUIT
- Developing wealth, peace, and ease
- Focus, have a clear strategy, and have systems in place
- 3-6-12 month goals
- Life on the other side of “business emergencies”
- The importance of a tracking system
- How to tackle problems with intention
- How Tara connects with the philosophies of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the Lutheran theologian
Welcome! Our guest today is Kari Gormley, who hosts The Running Lifestyle podcast. Kari has had obstacles to overcome, but has taken a meandering path to a beautiful, joyful, and energetic experience as an entrepreneur. We are excited to share with you this fun, inspiring, and juicy interview! Let’s chat with Kari!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Kari’s passion for running, transformation, and travel led her to launch her podcast
- Kari’s world travels
- Why Kari is passionate about helping people get healthier
- Valuable experience from her sales background
- Transitioning to a more purposeful life—after 9/11
- In 2003, back to the US—and sales, again
- How Kari found her husband through a Google search (Yes, you read that right!)
- Marriage and following the dream to be a Weight Watchers facilitator
- A difficult pregnancy, family move to Delaware, and postpartum depression
- 2011-Kari became a consistent runner, trained for a marathon, and discovered PODCASTS!
- Why Kari started her own podcast
- The power of positive media—through podcasts!
- Why starting out was overwhelming with TOO many decisions
- FEAR—Will people really listen to me?
- Acknowledge your fear (Kari even gave her fear a name!)
- Be in the driver’s seat!
- Why we need to develop leaders
- Teaching theories and philosophies, and not scripts
- Why you need to hire people with strengths outside your own
- Kari’s formula for work happiness
- Mixing friends and family with business—Good or Bad?
- Kari’s struggles with adult ADD
- Why she loves the opportunities to talk with experts
- From a favorite book, (see Resources below) Kari shares 6 Key Things to “Make It” in this World
- Personal change in profound ways!
- Why commitment is more powerful than fear
- The biggest change for Kari came through meditation
- JOY—from hearing feedback about her podcast
- The greatest opportunity for entrepreneurs? Creating destiny
- Financial mistakes=TUITION!
- JOY-from wonderful experiences and from being SEEN and HEARD
- The temptation of a one-person brand
- What is one thing that you do every day that increases joyfulness as an entrepreneur? “I think it revolves around gratitude. I keep a gratitude journal and write in it every day. I also have a gratitude jar in the kitchen into which the whole family contributes notes.
http://www.therunninglifestyle.com Find Kari on Facebook and Twitter, too!
To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink
Go Wild by Dr. John Ratey
Welcome to our brand-new podcast! Joy-Preneur exists to help you find more JOY in the journey—and in the ups and downs—of being an entrepreneur. We are Laura and Lindsey, from Little Nest Portraits, a nationally-franchised portrait studio. The idea for this podcast grew out of conversations we’ve had with women around the country regarding the dream of entrepreneurship. There are so many misconceptions about what it’s like to run your own business, and they don’t have to be true! You CAN make it work and you CAN still have joy and passion within your dreams. Even though entrepreneurship may put demands on your time, money, energy, AND sanity—-you CAN still live a life of joy. We’ll show you how! Join us!
While you’re busy conjuring up more and more guts to grow as an entrepreneur, you’re probably also dreaming of big business success!
Figuring out how to upscale your business can be somewhat overwhelming, frustrating and confusing… however, there are a few really important things that you can do, which will really help you to take your business to the next level.
Recently, I was interviewed by Female Entrepreneur Association‘s Carrie Green where I shared these critical steps with her viewers.